[haiku] Re: Interested to work in Haiku project

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 00:21:07 +0000

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 16:24,  <architb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1)BuildBot for Haiku's source tree
> 2)Trac Plugin: "Test and Commit Patch" functionality
>
> I am willing to build pathes for both of them but needed some more
> information or a website where I could read about them in detail
> particularly for Build-O-Matic. May I also know the tentative mentors for
> these projects, who could guide me well. I also visited IRC channel but
> couldn't found the required person.

Howdy

Thanks for considering Haiku for Google Summer of Code!

I just replied to another student, also interested in BuildBot --
//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/Haiku-Project-GSoC-Idea-Buildbot-for-Haiku,1

As for Build-O-Matic, it's repository is at OSDrawer,
http://dev.osdrawer.net/projects/haikubuildomatic/repository/show/branches/rewrite2.

Normally BOM runs on FreeBSD. linux based distros have been minimally
tested. Running it on Haiku will cause failures, due to trying to
compile the crosstools.

It's possible that I may (co-)mentor a BuildBot or another python
project (assuming of course that one gets selected)

--mmadia