[haiku] Interested to work in Haiku project

  • From: architb@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 21:54:11 +0530

Hi all,

First of all congrats to all the developers associated with Haiku Project
for getting selected in GSOC'11.

I am Archit, sophomore undergraduate at the Department of Computer Science
and Engineering,IIT Kanpur. I am well skilled in C/C++, python and have
been coding since past 5 years.I learned python in a FOSSEE workshop and
have been enhancing my python skills since then.I developed an AI game in
my last summers under SUN club at IIT Kanpur which was completely
implemented in Python using its Pygame module.Currently, I am doing a
course in AI which has Python as its implementation language.I have also
build an unbeatable AI agent using minmax algorithm during this course.

I came across Haiku on the GSoC website and found it to be a great
initiative.I want to contribute to Haiku using my coding skills in Python
or C/C++. I went through the lists of Ideas for GSoC'11 on Haiku's website
and is willing to work on the following two projects:

1)BuildBot for Haiku's source tree
2)Trac Plugin: "Test and Commit Patch" functionality

I am willing to build pathes for both of them but needed some more
information or a website where I could read about them in detail
particularly for Build-O-Matic. May I also know the tentative mentors for
these projects, who could guide me well. I also visited IRC channel but
couldn't found the required person.

I am very passionate to work for Haiku.Kindly, answer my queries.

--
regards
Archit Bansal