[openbeos] Re: Icon Contest Results Math

  • From: "Meanwhile -" <meanwhile@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 19:31:34 +0800

...and if you would set it up with "--" as default, you still have this issue
to solve:

Example:
Voter A votes a 0 to 4 value on just one statement (let's say he votes 3) and
doesn't care about the rest of the
statements. Average would then be 3.
Voter B votes values for all statements with an average of 3.

Now instead of warning voter A he should vote for all statements or even not
allowing him to go on voting if he
doesn't do so (--> risk of getting unmotivated votes), an extra system can be
implemented on top of the existing
one to value a voter's votes according to the number of statements he voted 0
to 4 on.

Although what's left is the uneasy assumption that blank votes = unmotivated
votes...which isn't true, but the
chance that in a contest like this a blank vote is motivated isn't as large as
in a political election, for example.
And the statements aren't controversial, I think.

Meanwhile