[openbeos] Re: HaikuPedia / One hour challenge

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:31:32 +0200 CEST

"John '[Beta]' Drinkwater" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> CCed to glasselevator; wondering if Haiku needs/requires
> a help system - BeOS seems to do well without one.

BeOS has the User's Guide (and the BeBook).

Haiku can't distributed these, and especially the
BeBook is a lot of work producing from scratch.

There's also BeTips.net, which may not live forever,
so taking a backup, asking permission and reworking
the contents might be a good idea.

For now BeShare is the ad hoc library of all-things-BeOS,
but it too may not live forever. I'm sure there are multiple
private BeOS library projects out there, but can you count
on it?

/Jonas Sundström.                  www.kirilla.com