[openbeos] Re: Haiku vs Haiku-OS

  • From: Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:48:49 +0100

On 16 feb 2007, at 10.22, Simon Taylor wrote:

... to eventually be supported on Haiku-OS...

This is going to sound really pedantic, but the project and the OS are simply called "Haiku". To me it makes quite a big difference - "Haiku" seems like an elegant, flowing sort of a word, but append "oh ess" and the geekiness factor ramps up by a few orders of magnitude.

The website has the -os simply because Haiku.org is unavailable. Is there not someone we can apply to in order to be granted www.haiku.org? Now Haiku Inc is an official non-profit it seems to me we have a much better claim to it that the advertiser parked there at the moment.

Something for Michael (only Michael) to look into:
http://www.icann.org/faq/#udrp

The "expedited administrative procedure" sounds nice.
Litigation, not so nice.

/Jonas Sundström.