[openbeos] Re: Haiku on a Mac?

  • From: Christopher Plymire <chrisply@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:14:39 -0400

Re; Haiku on Mac.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier (I don't usually read the users list, so just subscribed.

I'm working on getting Haiku running on the Macbook, I've made some fairly decent progress so far, but more work remains to be done.

Current issues:

1) The SATA disk will not be correctly detected with the code currently in SVN. This will lead to a problem with booting obviously. This can be corrected by hardcoding the value in the driver, but I'm still looking for a better more permanent solution.

2) The USB controller has some interrupt issues on my macbook, I'm not sure if these will be in common with the mini, as it doesn't have so many integrated peripherals on the same hub. (iSight, etc.)

3) The graphics out should work fine in VGA mode, but you may have problems with DVI. I'm going to look into this as well soon. I just added the code to work on internal monitors (not in SVN yet) but I'll try to get DVI support in soon.

Aside from that, audio won't work as of yet, but the networking should work fine.

So you can have a non-audio non-dvi haiku at the moment, but I'm working to change that ;)

- Chris