[haiku] Re: Haiku kernel debugger in VirtualBox

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:36:33 +0000

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 17:02, Lucian Adrian Grijincu
<lucian.grijincu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This article indicates F12 as the magic key:
>  http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/welcome_to_kernel_debugging_land
>
> The comments update and say to use Alt+SysRq+d (maybe the article
> should be updated too?).

Yes, sometime before the R1 Alpha 1 release, the key combo was switched.
Thanks for the heads up. It's been updated.

If Haiku isn't booting to the desktop, you can enable boot-time
on-screen debugging:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/ReportingBugs#OnScreenDebugOutput

The key to enter it has been changed a few times. Normally I quickly
alternate between the Shift and Space keys before the boot logo
appears.

> b) kernel debugger is not compiled in (I'm using the latest head and
> from what I understand from build/jam/HaikuImage it's being built in,
> but I may be missing something)

KDL is always enabled on the system.

Hope it helps

--mmadia