[openbeos] Haiku @ SCaLE 6x conference reminder

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:28:43 -0800

Hello,

The SCaLE 6x Conference is around the corner, and Haiku will be there in full swing. This is the second year in a row that Haiku has a presence at SCaLE, and this time we are coming in through the big door. We will have a Haiku booth (#38) and one Birds of a Feather (BoF) talk on Sunday, but the highlight of this event is that Haiku developer Bruno G. Albuquerque is a keynote speaker, and will be giving a Haiku talk on Saturday. This is something that you should not miss. :)

Our experience at SCaLE last year was great. Not only did we all have a great time showing off Haiku, but we loved the atmosphere as well as how well the ideas and concepts behind Haiku were received among the people that visited our booth and attended our two BoFs. We are looking forward to having a lot of fun this year too.

SCaLE is held at the Los Angeles Airport Westin Hotel on February 9 and 10. All Haiku (or current/former BeOS) fans in the area or otherwise are welcome to join and hang out with us. If you have been lurking or watching the project from the sideline, this may be a good opportunity to finally meet some of the Haiku community members and learn more about our project.

We could also use a hand to man the Haiku booth. If you think you can help us, even if it is only for a few hours, please contact me using this contact form:

http://www.haiku-os.org/user/5/contact

Becoming booth staff will save you the admission fee to the expo (that's and incredible savings of $10!) and, who knows, we may feel generous enough to give you a Haiku t-shirt for free. ;)

Here is our full information about SCaLE:

http://haiku-os.org/conference/2008/scale-6x

The floorplan showing the location of the Haiku booth is here:

http://www2.haiku-os.org/files/screenshots/booth-floor-plan.preview.png

You can also find some picture from SCaLE 5x 2007 here:

http://www.haiku-os.org/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=1249

Cheers,

Jorge Mare (a.k.a. Koki)