[haiku] Haiku PowerPC builds

  • From: Alex <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:57:26 -0500

Good morning!

I've started throwing my PowerPC builds of Haiku onto my website, if anyone
having Apple PowerPC hardware laying around wants to test them please give
them a whirl and submit feedback on the PPC code! (My G4 is currently
unavailable for testing due to hardware issues unrelated to Haiku :( )

Please note that these are not *official* Haiku builds and are only meant
for developer / tinkerer use.

http://unixzen.com/haiku-ppc

The tar archive consists of the following:
haiku_ppc-r31495/
haiku_ppc-r31495/haiku.image             < Haiku gcc4 disk image for PPC
haiku_ppc-r31495/haiku-boot-cd-ppc.iso   < bootable haiku iso
haiku_ppc-r31495/haiku.cue               < cue to burn cd image as well as
haiku.image to a cd.

I've yet to be successful combining all of these onto a working self
contained cd although I have gotten the ppc code to boot in the past as
follows:
1) burn haiku-boot-cd-ppc.iso to a cd.
2) dd haiku.image to a usb stick.
3) plug the usb stick into your PowerPC machine and boot the cd.
4) the Haiku boot loader should see the usb stick as a bootable usb drive.

Thanks!

--Alex