[haiku] HVIF Wikipedia Page

  • From: Aras Ergus <arasergus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 06:49:08 +0200

Hello,

I have been working on a Wikipedia article [0] for Haiku Vector Icon Format
as a Google Code-In task [1].

The article has already some information in it, but I have some issues with
filling the file format infobox [2]. The only information I could add to the
infobox was that HVIF has no file extension, was released in 2006 and is a
vector graphics format. I know that not all fields are required, but I think
it would be better if we could some more information like owner (Haiku
Inc.?), if it is a free format, etc. You may look at the Wikipedia page [3]
of SVG format if you want to see an example.

I am pasting the the infobox to the end of my mail for those who don't want
to navigate away from their emails. I'd also be very pleased to hear of your
suggestions and/or contribution for the article.

Thanks,
Aras Ergus

[0] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiku_Vector_Icon_Format
[1] -
http://socghop.appspot.com/gci/task/show/google/gci2010/haiku/t129309168040
[2] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Infobox_file_format
[3] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svg

PS (file infobox):

{{Infobox file format
| name                   = Haiku Vector Icon Format
| icon                   =
| logo                   =
| screenshot             =
| caption                =

| extension              = none
| mime                   =
| type code              =
| uniform type           =
| magic                  =
| owner                  =
| released               = July 2006

| latest release version =
| latest release date    =
| genre                  = vector graphics
| container for          =
| contained by           =
| extended from          =
| extended to            =