[haiku] Re: [GSoC] x86_64 application rough draft

  • From: Nathan Mentley <nathanmentley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 17:30:06 -0400

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 3:31 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, the script is part of it. elf_i386_haiku is actually a linker target
> (not sure, if that's the correct term). Have a look at configure.tgt. More
> generally run a "grep -i -r haiku . | grep -v /.svn/" in both binutils and
> gcc to find the spots where you potentially have to change/add something.
>
> > I've created a
> > elf_x86_64_haiku.sh in that folder that's now being used by
> > /buildtools/gcc/gcc/config/i386/haiku64.h
> >
> >  I'm not exactly sure where to go from here. I'm pretty sure I'll need to
> > include haiku64.h somewhere. I'm just at a loss of what file(s) include
> or
> > point to /buildtools/gcc/gcc/config/i386/haiku.h... which would helpful
> > information in using elf_x86_64_haiku and haiku64.h with gcc.
>
> You should start with gcc/config.gcc. There all targets are specified.
> You'll
> have to add an x86_64 Haiku target (best search for haiku and also have a
> look at other 64 bit targets). Your new header will have to be specified
> there -- it will then be automatically included whereever needed.
>
> >  Thanks, for any help. Sorry, I'm more inexperienced with modifying gcc
> than
> > I would like to be.
>
> No worries.
>
> CU, Ingo

Thanks for the help!

I've taken a stab at most of it. I'm hoping most of the config file edits
I've done are correct. However, when compiling binutils, or more
specifically ld, the build script crashes. I'm still having an issue with
generating the eelf_x86_64_haiku.c and the eelf_x86_64_haiku.o files in
haiku/generated/cross-tools-build/binutils/ld

I'm pretty positive it's probably some issue in the
haiku/generated/cross-tools-build/binutils/ld/Makefile
script. Hopefully in a few hours I can have binutils atleast compiling.
Fingers crossed.