[haiku] Re: GSoC as an internship with Haiku

  • From: Christopher Humphries <redeye4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 18:54:54 +0100

Thanks for the welcome!

The contract asks of course that I describe the internship and my proposed
activity, and then goes on with information about the organisation in
question:

The data they require includes the SIRET and APE/NAF codes of the
organisation, as well as employee count and status as SA/SARL/SAS... these
acronyms make little sense outside of France (and wear me out), because
they're all national identification codes restricted to this country.
I'll get on to uni management about this, but I'm pretty sure that for
Haiku, being outside the country, only some reliable data on the company is
required.

The contract then requires the name, function, service and contact details
of the mentor and has to be signed by someone capable of representing the
organisation.

To me this all sounds a little complicated, but it will probably turn out to
be pretty simple (French bureaucracy has a knack of making a big deal over
simple matters).

Cheers,

--
Engleek