[haiku] GSoC as an internship with Haiku

  • From: Christopher Humphries <redeye4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:15:14 +0100

Hi all,

I'm currently studying for a masters degree at a French university,
and my course requires an internship to validate my first year.

The Google Summer of Code program is a unique opportunity, and I would
love to have it count as my summer internship.

At this stage of my course, the internship focuses on computer science
experience, and not work experience, so I'm sure that a GSoC project with
Haiku
would be a valid choice.

However, this internship requires a signed "convention" (contract)
between the organization and I, and I'm worried that this might not be
possible with Haiku.

I heard a participant from last years program say that he could
have made his project count as a valid internship, which is why I hope
that this would also be possible for me.

To sum up, the Haiku project is damn fascinating, and my only way of
participating this summer is to make GSoC my official internship.

Cheers,

Engleek