[haiku] Re: GPT Support ?

  • From: Nickos V <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:14:40 -0700

>yep i know this article but it requires a fake mbr but this mbr breaks windows
>gpt boot .
>so i was hoping haiku can be installed in gpt mode (but as i can tell haiku
>install don't support gpt install)

No gpt mode install.  Not likely to happen soon.

To get a hardware related feature like this added (or fix a hardware related
bug) takes 3 things. #1 developer that knows how to deal with gpt + partition
tables #2 dev with Intel Mac system (I think very few of them use Macs) and #3
interested in fixing the problem/ticket.  That's why some tickets will never
get fixed because dev must know how to fix the problem (understanding of code
related to issue), have the hardware to test and check their fix on and want or
willing to work on fixing the issue.