[openbeos] Re: Fixed-width fonts in Haiku

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 12:06:29 -0700

Ooops! Forgive my previous post; I clicked on the wrong button prematurely...

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 19:22 +0200, Stephan Assmus wrote:
> > How does the Font preferences applet in Haiku determine which fonts to
> > show in the "Fixed width" pull-down menu? Does it look at isFixedPitch,
> > numOfLongHorMetrics, or something else?
> >
> > I am trying to help the author of Konatsu font determine why the fixed
> > witdh KonatuTT does not show in the Font applet, so any insight on this
> > is very much appreciated.
>
> It is a flag which Freetype reads from the file. I'm pretty sure the actual
> glyphs are not analysed. In our app_server, we read the flag here:
>
> src/servers/app/FontFamily.h
>
> in FontStyle class:
>
> FT_Face::face_flags & FT_FACE_FLAG_FIXED_WIDTH
>
> Maybe you can grep the Freetype source for this flag to find out more... :-)

I am not a dev, and therefore do not have access to the sources. So I
was hoping someone could provide specific information for me to pass
along to the font author (who also does not have access to the sources).

Anyone out there who can help sort this out?

Koki