[openbeos] Re: Fixed-width fonts in Haiku

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:22:44 +0200

Hi,

> How does the Font preferences applet in Haiku determine which fonts to
> show in the "Fixed width" pull-down menu? Does it look at isFixedPitch,
> numOfLongHorMetrics, or something else?
>
> I am trying to help the author of Konatsu font determine why the fixed
> witdh KonatuTT does not show in the Font applet, so any insight on this
> is very much appreciated.

It is a flag which Freetype reads from the file. I'm pretty sure the actual
glyphs are not analysed. In our app_server, we read the flag here:

src/servers/app/FontFamily.h

in FontStyle class:

FT_Face::face_flags & FT_FACE_FLAG_FIXED_WIDTH

Maybe you can grep the Freetype source for this flag to find out more... :-)

> If it is preferable to post this on another list, or as a bug report,
> please point me in the right direction.

IMHO, it's perfectly fine to post such things here... :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan