[haiku] Re: Drupal Template

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 01:04:19 +0100

Hi Ingo,

2010/1/4 Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>:
> Demonstrating my utter ignorance of how these themes work: Am I supposing
> correctly that the process of delivering the theme (?) to the website
> visitor does not count as distribution? Would what the website visitor gets
> to see be more fittingly compared with the output of a GPL'ed program?

Like defining what linking is (see previous discussions), this was one
of the more shady areas of the GPL. I was under the impression that
this would be solved in GPL 3, but from a quick google search and a
browse of the website I saw that instead they chose to design a
different license for that (the GNU Affero General Public License).
See http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/agpl.html