[openbeos] Does BeOS works on Core2 Duo? Which?

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:15:24 +0200

Hi,

I've search the web, but I failed to see a definitive answer about BeOS running
or not on Core2 Duo. If people here are running R5 or BONE on a Core2 Duo
system, I'll be glad to hear them (which core2, in particular).

I'm about to build a Q6600 or a E6600-based system. If I can't run beos on it,
linux will become my Haiku developing platform. If I can run BeOS on it, even
with only one core being used, I'll be fine...

Thanks for sharing your experience.

PS: This community needs an up-to-date hardware matrix!