[openbeos] Re: Demo folder contest?

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:41:03 +0100

Mathew Schofield wrote :

G'Day Alex,

Are you suggesting a competition to 'create' a demonstrative application?
Hi!
Well, a competition, in the light sense, with a maximum of source and ideas exchange off course, one could write a common code base for 2d demos (bview or direct drawing), and others would do the artistic coding. The goal would be to either demonstrate some exclusive Haiku features (ex: Ryan's suggestion) or just attract the eye in public events. One could decide to just refresh or reimplement an old Be demo (ex: François's suggestion). Also i'm not thinking about only one application but a few ones (5-10) that would be chosen by the community and/or admins to be included in the image. The demos would also constitute some Haiku sample code (even those that didn't "win" if they are clean enough)
IMHO This might be a fun incentive to get new or lurking developers onboard :-D.

Exactly :-)

I can setup a separate svn repository, page, manage candidates, and do the forum on my side (although for the forum it might be better on a new forum section on the main site). Each project would create a thread and post updates there. Range voting would be used for votes. Rules still have to be defined though.

Regards,
Alex