[openbeos] Re: Demo folder contest?

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:16:59 -0700

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Axel Dörfler wrote :
>>
>> That sounds like a nice idea for the alpha release; then you could at
>> least develop the demo under Haiku itself :-)
>>

> Yep, exactly! And as Haiku can already build small stuff, it's a matter of
> having the development tools included in the image or easily installed :)
> I was thinking of setting up a simple 'google code' svn repository and a
> 'google group' for discussion (simple as a few clicks), so that i could
> admin the thing without disturbing the main Haiku work (don't think i want
> to roll my own thing, if someone can help me to put this on the main site i
> will).
>
> Anyway, this can wait, there's no hurry! Just revive this thread when you
> feel it's time :-)
>
> Regards,
> Alex

I figured now that we are closing in on Alpha, I'd dig up this old
thread and see if there's interest in having a demo contest kicked off
with the Alpha release.  That is starting the contest when the alpha
comes out, with the winning demos getting to be included in the Beta
or final R1 releases.  Rules might have to be set, such as coding
style must follow Haiku guidelines, icon as well, etc.
-scottmc