[openbeos] Re: Could not open application 'x' with application 'x' (not an e

  • From: "Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:50:58 -0500

Ok. I didn't shutdown, I restarted via the deskbar. I'll try the cmp command and shutting down instead of restarting next time. I did look at the file sizes and permissions, they were the same.

From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [openbeos] Re: Could not open application 'x' with application 'x' (not an executable)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:56:31 +0100 (MET)

"Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Both applications worked fine, but when I restart the machine, they
> no
> longer work, and I get the above error. Is this a bug?

It's definitely a bug - it's just not sure which one ;-)
Did you shutdown Haiku correctly? The disk caches are currently only
sync'd if you do it manually or shutdown Haiku via the Deskbar (or the
"shutdown" command).

In any case, I have had this happen over here as well, dunno why yet
(also other kind of garbled files, like media files played with the
MediaPlayer suddenly had debug output instead of the usual file
header).

In any case, if you compare the files to their original counterparts
(using "cmp") they should differ.

Bye,
   Axel.

Don?t waste time standing in line?try shopping online. Visit Sympatico / MSN Shopping today! http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca