[openbeos] Re: Built-in PS/2 mousepad problems

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 07:07:51 -0800

Doug Shelton wrote:

It may not be the same problem, as I tried an external USB mouse as a temporary workaround, and it worked flawlessly.

Cheers,

Koki
Or maybe it is... if Koki's laptop has a supported USB chipset (either ECHI or UCHI) then the external mouse would work as a native USB device. The touch-pad is in PS/2 mode as, apparently, is Euan's emulation. It's nice to know I'm not the only one waiting for OHCI support.

Yesterday I also noticed that if I boot Haiku with the USB mouse plugged in, the mousepad also works OK.

Don't if it is related or not, but I also noticed that sound now breaks intermittently while the mouse pointer is being moved; this did not happen before on this very same hardware. Maybe I should file a bug for this too.

Cheers,

Koki