[openbeos] Re: Built-in PS/2 mousepad problems

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:21:11 -0700

Hi Euan,

Euan Kirkhope wrote:
I posted a syslog to this list about a 5 days ago, with a similar
issue.  Although it was USB mouse / keyboard in USB Legacy emulation
mode.  The input events where appearing, the just weren't being routed
properly it seems.  The syslog had full USB / PS2 / input logging
enabled, so it might also be useful.

It may not be the same problem, as I tried an external USB mouse as a temporary workaround, and it worked flawlessly.

Cheers,

Koki

On 02/11/2007, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Howdy,

I have used Haiku on my laptop w/o major compatibility problems for a
long time; most hardware worked w/o problems, including video, sound,
network card, etc.

Unfortunately, since about three weeks ago, I started having problems
with the built-in PS/2 mousepad: upon boot, the mouse would stop
responding after a few seconds of movement; the rest of the system
remained responsive. This mousepad had worked flawlessly in Haiku before
(and still does in Windows and Ubuntu). Here is a full description of
the problem:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1580

I am not sure exactly since which build the problem started, but it may
be around r22617:

http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/haiku?rev=22617&view=rev

Marcus has responded to my bug report, but he seems to be puzzled by the
content of the syslog that I provided: it seems as if the mouse is being
disconnected and reconnected a lot of time (which is obviously not the
case).

I was wondering if anybody else is seeing this particular problem in
recent builds that could provide any additional information that may be
useful for the devs to figure what is wrong.

BTW, the laptop is an HP Pavilion zv5400us.

Cheers,

Koki