[openbeos] Best development platform

  • From: Pablo Barrera Gonzalez <barrera@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:26:50 +0100

Hello

Right now I was able to compile my own image of haiku (thank you
everyone). I would like to learn how to use BeAPI and learn a little bit
about the operating system itself. I never used BeOS as an user so I do
not exactly what are the best tools to develop.

I also don't know what platform I should use. I use haiku over vmplayer
and mount an beos5max image with some software. I would like to use ssh
to communicate my haiku virtual machine with my linux box. I tried to
download ssh.pkg from haiku-os.org but I don't know how to installed it.
I have been reading several documents from haiku-os.org but I wasn't
unable to find a guide to answer these questions. Any help or reference
to a good tutorial or manual will be appreciated.

TIA

Pablo