[openbeos] Re: BNetAddress update -- a question.

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:29:33 +0200 (added by postmaster@wanadoo.fr)

Marcus wrote:
>> uncomplete but yet not totally empty that the GetImpl() methods,
which
>> we *have* to implement as they're public, just return NULL:
>
> You don't have to implement them. They are inline, and do not appear
in the library.

Oh my, I was so brainless this week-end!
Obvioulsy we don't.
And that great news!

> $  nm /boot/beos/system/lib/libnetapi.so | grep Get
> 0000f7ec T GetAddr__C11BNetAddressPcPUs
> 0000f74c T GetAddr__C11BNetAddressR11sockaddr_in
> 0000f6ac T GetAddr__C11BNetAddressR7in_addrPUs
>
> Any program really trying to use them is doing a direct memory access
at
> offsetof(class BNetAddress,m_impl)
>
> You could also make it private, put perhaps simply removing is the
best solution.

Less code == less code to debug == best solution.

Philippe.

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

In Africa some of the native tribes have a custom of beating the ground
with clubs and uttering spine chilling cries.  Anthropologists call
this a form of primitive self-expression.  In America we call it golf.