[openbeos] Re: BFS status update

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 00:32:42 +0200 (MEST)

It doesn't support perms according to UNIX
(you must have write permission in a folder to delete a file inside it)
(in the geekgadgets port of emacs, there is a wrapper for file ops that
stat() the file before saving it, to check it can do it)

[revol@patrick /boot/home]$ mkdir foobar
[revol@patrick /boot/home]$ touch foobar/lol
[revol@patrick /boot/home]$ chown 2:3 foobar
[revol@patrick /boot/home]$ chmod 700 foobar/
[revol@patrick /boot/home]$ ls -la foobar/
total 12
drwx------   1 2        3            2048 Apr 24 00:30 .
drwxr-xr-x   1 revol    users       10240 Apr 24 00:30 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 revol    users           0 Apr 24 00:30 lol
[revol@patrick /boot/home]$ rm foobar/lol
[revol@patrick /boot/home]$ ls -la foobar/
total 12
drwx------   1 2        3            2048 Apr 24 00:31 .
drwxr-xr-x   1 revol    users       10240 Apr 24 00:30 ..
[revol@patrick /boot/home]$