[haiku-web] Re: Drupal 5 + Design considerations

  • From: "Austin Bales" <arbales+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:25:36 -0400

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 12:47 AM, Jorge G. Mare <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> That would be really nice. That being said, I also share Niels' concerns as
> to how your wishes and very broad generalizations translate to the real
> world and, I would add, and how they relate to the current priorities of
> Haiku.

Statements which apply uniformly to many things aren't nessicarily "broad
generalizations". The concepts of visual and informational heirarchy in
design aren't generalizations, but they do apply to everything. As far as
the current priorities of Haiku — I can only speak to them as far as I
understand them, but I think Haiku's priorities lie in:

the cultivation of a strong developer and creative community to work towards
an initial release AND the creation of momentum towards that end among
developers and otherwise. The interested public are important components
web communities like those of Fedora. People can bring something to the
table besides code.

As far as whether or not every member of the community from every background
needs to approve of a specific design — that's another conversation
entirely.