[haiku-web] Re: Avatars and international forums

  • From: 韩鹏飞 <pengphei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:36:59 +0800

2011/10/22 Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi there!
>
> Two things that come up from time to time, most recently for me on IRC:
>
> How about having the option of an avatar image for forum/blog posts? I
> think it's a nice way to make posts better recognizable and the whole
> thing more personal. I'd opt for one fixed size, like 96x96, to have it
> all nice and tidy.
>
> Second, international forums. This came up in the past from time to
> time. If I remember correctly, we thought we'd have a completely
> localized website someday and thus would take care of the issue in one
> fell sweep.
> I'm sure that'll come real soon now... :)

that's really appreciated. I hope that I can do something, if Haiku
community
would like to offer a zh_CN localized main page just like what freeBSD
community does. check: http://www.freebsd.org/

in the main page, it offers different language entries. this seems very
smooth.
we can offer these options just like we have done in the Haiku User Guide.

anyway, I hope this will come soon. ;).

Note: For the Chinese Haiku User Group, we are planning to change our
themes,
which mostly has the same face to Haiku-os. As the Chinese language forums,
we have offered it, so there is no need to offer it in the Haiku-os, if it
does, a link to
Chinese Haiku User Group forums is enough, IMO.

cheeers!

--kurain

--
淡泊明志,宁静致远。