[haiku-inc] Re: Gallium Bounty

  • From: Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 14:25:46 +0200

Dear Haiku Inc.

Since I haven't heard anything regarding the Gallium bounty donation in
over two business weeks (which I consider ample time for a properly
functioning corporation), I assumed Haiku Inc. was not interested in the
funds.

A total of $902.17 USD was refunded to the individual donors with the
following note attached, (and to which the individuals can decide what to
do with their money):

Thanks for your understanding.

----------------

Dear Donor,

re: Haikuware Gallium Bounty Refund.

Haikuware began collecting funds for this bounty in 2010. Since then, the
first phase (of three) was completed which amounted to, in the words of the
developer: "*3d support in a lot better shape, we now have llvmpipe on
gcc4+ images which is a lot faster than the old drivers. We also have Haiku
support in upstream Mesa.*"

Although partially successful, the bounty has since been stagnant. I had
offered the developer a timeframe of 6 months to complete the bounty, to
which he is unable. A second alternative was offered to donate the funds to
Haiku Inc. After more than two business weeks they have not responded to
the offer.

Therefore, in an effort to be fair to all parties, it has been decided to
fully refund your donation (minus PayPal fees). Thank you for all your
years of trust and support!

On 2015-04-23 11:35, Karl vom Dorff wrote:

Hi Alexander,

I am unable/unwilling to run the bounty program at Haikuware any
longer. The Gallium bounty is ages old and doesn't meet the goals of
the users/donors anymore. Therefore, there are two options being
offered to you:

* Please complete phase two of the bounty within three months, and
phase three within another three months or:
* Have Haikuware regretfully donate the bounty funds to Haiku Inc.

Thanks!

P.S - if the latter is chosen, Haiku Inc. will be required to post a
statement on haiku-os.org [1] saying that the bounty was cancelled and
that the transfer of funds has occurred - nothing more. I trust you
can arrange this if chosen.

Karl vom Dorff
BScH Biology (German Minor)
numbdesign.com [2]

Good afternoon Karl,

At this time I don't feel as though this bounty can be completed within the
time frame you outlined.

Lets discuss with Haiku Inc. the terms of the distribution to the Inc.
(cc'ed)

Thanks!

-- Alexander von Gluck IV

--