[haiku-inc] Re: Baron is acting up - what to do?

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:59:44 +0100

Hi,

On 2013-01-09 at 17:43:43 [+0100], Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12/16/12, Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The question is how to address the disk problems, while at the same time
> > taking into account those other topics mentioned above. I think these are
> > our options:
>
> > 3. Switch to a new EX4 server (with 16 GB), incurring a setup fee of 49
> > EUR
> >
> > and a monthly fee of 52 EUR. We'd have to pay monthly fees for baron and
> > the new server as long as both are active (i.e. one month to get the
> > migration done).
>
> The funding will be made available to resovle this.
>
> Judging by the feedback, the EX4 with 16gb seems to be the best option.

Certainly.

> Is there anything we need to provide to continue with this?

The only remaining question is a technical one: Hetzner offers several
different ways of how to do an upgrade, concerning whether or not there'll
be a period of parallel operation of the two servers and whether or not the
IPs shall be transferred from the old to the new server.

AFAICS, we don't need to take over the IPs, so we can go the most simple
route and just order the new server, setup the host OS and then start to
migrate the VMs. I believe ssh won't complain if the IP of a host changes,
as long as the host key stays the same, so there shouldn't be any problems
with the new IPs.
But I'm not sure, so if you think changing IPs could be a problem, please
tell. I'm planning to order the new server on Monday ...

cheers,
        Oliver