[haiku-gsoc] Re: [x86_64 port] kernel_args datastructure changes

  • From: Michael Lotz <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:16:19 +0200

Hi Nathan

Good to hear from you again. I've contacted you privately, but I'm not sure if it reached you as I sadly didn't hear back from you. So I'm replying here just in case.

Am 12.07.2010 20:48, schrieb Nathan Mentley:
you've been rather quiet recently. I hope everything is OK. You know that
whatever technical problems you run into, we'll be glad to assist you --
just ask. If anything personal affecting your work has come up, please drop
a mail to your mentor or our GSoC admin, Matt (or this list, if you
prefer), so we can work out how to procede.

Just in case you planned to finish your work in solitude and just drop us
the result at the end of the coding period, it is much preferred by us --
and necessary for the mid term evaluation anyway -- to get incremental
patches in not too long intervals. If I understood you correctly the
gcc/binutils patch works fine, so that would be a great candidate to send
us. Also the boot loader changes -- whether they already works perfectly or
not -- would be nice to see.

Sorry about my silence. I have no excuses for that.

Can you explain what happened? In light of the midterm evaluations it would be helpful to know more about how you spent your time. Please feel invited to send me some more details privately.

What would be the best way to upload the svn diff output? The text file
is roughly 200kb which I feel might be a bit large for a mailing list.

As Ingo suggested, please devide it as much as it makes sense and attach it to a trac ticket.

Regards
Michael