[haiku-gsoc] Re: unit-tests vs. test apps (was: Re: [HCD08] ICMPfunctional test)

  • From: <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 15:13:20 +0200

> I would be very much in favour of separating both again. Either have
> another top-level folder "unit-tests", or have different folders for
> them under "tests/" - I find the current mix a bit confusing.

I agree that all unit tests relying on the same test framework (CppUnit) should
be under a common root, and not the current mix. But they are still tests, and
I'm for all tests - unit, bench, individual apps, whatever - be located under
src/tests/.

On the ICMP topic, does this mean Yin should try to write his tests using our
CppUnit design?
Would make sense to favorized reusing the same design as much and each time
it's possible.
As it is here.

Bye,
  Philippe.