[haiku-development] [webkit-dev] WebKit Planning on Requiring Python 2.7 Soon

  • From: pulkomandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 08:12:55 +0200

Hi there,
The WebKit team is about to start requiring Python 2.7 starting next
week. We still have only 2.6.9 in our repositories. Are we ready to
migrate to 2.7 or should we ask them to delay the switch?

We have a Python 2.7 recipe but I think updating to it needs all
packages providing python modules to be rebuilt. On my system this
includes at least:
- mercurial
- scons
- libxml2

There are probably more.

--
Adrien.

----- Forwarded message from Brent Fulgham <bfulgham@xxxxxxxxx> -----

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 16:31:05 -0700
From: Brent Fulgham <bfulgham@xxxxxxxxx>
To: webkit-dev <webkit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [webkit-dev] Planning on Requiring Python 2.7 Soon

Hi Everyone,

Now that I’ve worked through the minor issues that prevented us from using
Python 2.7 on our Windows bots, I’d like to move the goalposts and require
Python 2.7 (or newer) for our build and test machines.

Will this cause anyone any problems if this becomes the new law of the land?

I plan on making this change on September 17th if I do not hear from anyone on
this topic.

Thanks!

-Brent

----- End forwarded message -----