[haiku-development] Re: the state of the system ?

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 21:02:54 -0400

pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Ingo and Oliver are working on the package management stuff, still in a branch for now. We'll start thinking about beta once this gets merged.

On IRC, users complain about non-working audio, the lack of a decent up-to-date browser and HTML5 video support, and wonder about how to use Qt apps.

Other people are working on other stuff, and we've seen some changes to Debugger, some work on EFI (nothing really working yet), an upgrade to gcc 4.7, progress on the 64-bit port (still missing some drivers and apps, but Haikuware already started showing some 64bit compiled apps).

Thats freaking awesome, how good is x64 ? Beta nearing could be a donation bonanza, saw the new donation methods, looks great. So, forward progress then, great to see.

Sean