[haiku-development] Re: the state of the system ?

  • From: pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 17:43:53 +0200

On 2013-05-13 at 05:14:54 [+0200], Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I haven't been following development closely much lately, so I was
> wondering if anyone knows what the state of the system is these days ? I
> peeked into cgit and it looks like things have been busy, but where does
> the project sit ? package management ? beta status ?

Ingo and Oliver are working on the package management stuff, still in a
branch for now. We'll start thinking about beta once this gets merged.

On IRC, users complain about non-working audio, the lack of a decent
up-to-date browser and HTML5 video support, and wonder about how to use Qt
apps.

Other people are working on other stuff, and we've seen some changes to
Debugger, some work on EFI (nothing really working yet), an upgrade to gcc
4.7, progress on the 64-bit port (still missing some drivers and apps, but
Haikuware already started showing some 64bit compiled apps).

--
Adrien.