[haiku-development] Re: subversion default config directories on Haiku

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 01:45:26 +0200 CEST

> I think I've located where to change the default location of the user
> config directory for subversion, it get's set to ~/.subversion by
> default on all systems except WIN32.  Stephan pointed out that our
> port used to save the settings in ~/config/settings.  I have just run
> a test build using a patch to set the location to
> /boot/home/config/settings/subversion. Would this be the correct

B_DONT_DO_THAT !

> build using this patch tomorrow on a clean image.  Is it safe to
> assume /boot/home or should I use ~/ ?

The home directory must not be hardcoded. Haiku follows the POSIX
semantics for users, including $HOME even if we only use the root
account.
This would break future multiuser support.

Best would be to use find_directory() but it seems not easy with those
#defines.

Seems other dirs are taken relative to the home directory anyway (just
.subversion), so just use "config/settings/subversion".

What's this svn_config_get_user_config_path() mentionned above the
defines ?

François.