[haiku-development] Re: screen preferences patch

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 01:28:49 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 21:29:44 +0200
> Von: Clemens zeidler <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> An: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Betreff: [haiku-development] screen preferences patch

> Hi,
>
> the "Set Background" button in the screen preferences has a font size of
> be_plain_font->Size() * 0.9. This looks odd to me. Now it has the full
> size. There where also a B_UTF8_ELLIPSIS behind the "Set Background" !?
> any reason for this?

Setting the background is not the primary feature of this preflet. The feature
is only there because some people may try to find it there. Before I added the
button, this feature was entirely hidden. I wanted the feature to become
visible, but not distracting from the primary purpose of the preflet.

An ellipsis is generally used if a button or menu item does not perform a
direct function, but opens another panel.

Best regards,
-Stephan