[haiku-development] Re: ldconfig in Haiku

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 20:32:26 +0100

Hi Andrey,

On 2010-02-18 at 18:34:50 [+0100], Andrey Ponomarenko <susanin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I'm new in Haiku and can't find ldconfig (tool in GNU/Linux) or its
> analogs in the Haiku.
> Can anybody tell me where I can find it?

Yes, there simply is none such tool. Haiku doesn't cache library paths and
the runtime-loader searches libraries on-the-fly.
Generally, having a central lib-cache like the one generated by ldconfig
would be a bit problematic on haiku, as there's %A/lib in the library search
path, so the libs always depend on the location of the invoked application.

BTW: thanks for your work on the ABI compliance checker - I've recently used
it to check the binary compatibility of some of the libraries provided by
haiku. :-)

cheers,
        Oliver