[haiku-development] Re: haiku_loader never appears on my screen (resolved)

  • From: André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 19:42:34 -0300

Em 27/05/2011, às 20:02, Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
escreveu:
> As I said, I think it could be made part of the release notes, as an
> alternative to try if Haiku has trouble booting on some computer. How does
> that sound ?

I suspect there is at least one bug on Loïc's loader (it's likely that it can't
load the system if the partition is beyond 4GB because the LBA packet is using
a 32-bit address), but that's trivial to fix though.

In the mean time I'm amending the hybrid GPT/MBR loader with what I presume are
the fixes that made the loader work for him and will update the ticket
accordingly so people can test it. Will upload after testing.

A.