[haiku-development] Re: where is the kBootCode's source ?

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 22:51:55 +0200

> On Sat, 14 May 2011 21:58:38 +0200 "Starsseed" <starsseed@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > > I think it's here: src/apps/bootmanager/bootman.S
> > > I guess this code is used not only by BootManager,
> > > but I'm not sure who/where else.
> >
> > bootman.S is used when you install the BootManager into the MBR
> > (and the 3
> > following sectors).
> >
> > I'm looking for the generic boot code that load and run the first
> > sector
> > of
> > the active partition.
> > the one modified from a "FreeBSD pmbr"
>
> IIRC, I requested that the source be committed, too, and, more
> importantly, that the copyright header for the code be added. AFAIK
that hasn't happened yet. Which is not acceptable. The code should be
removed/replaced. If you feel like doing that, please feel encouraged.

The one I used for the anyboot images is src/bin/writembr/mbr.S and the
binary MBR is built from that for anyboot images. I'm not sure if it is
the same source as kBootCode though.

Regards
Michael