[haiku-development] Re: bringing libavcodec up to date

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:14:37 +0200

Hi David,

> I added support form AAC decoding to the mp4 reader which works with
> the 3ivx aac decoder.
>
> I noticed that libavcodec has recently added decoder support for aac
> as well so I would like to make sure that will work with what I have
> done.
>
> Any guides available to simplify the job?

IIRC, we don't have any way to tell the system with what quality a codec
supports a format. Otherwise both codecs could use a different support level
indication, with the system provided one(s) using a smaller value. Perhaps we
have no other way then to implement this if it is missing.

Best regards,
-Stephan