[haiku-development] Re: break build

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:04:42 +0200

Hi Adrien,

On 2009-09-28 at 14:17:09 [+0200], PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> You could try
> >> building the ICU datafiles once under haiku and get them (libicu*.so)
> >> at the right place in your generated/ tree, this way the build system
> >> will not have to regenerate them. But this is again an unclean
> >> solution...
> >
> > Yep, and I highly suspect that it wouldn't work anyway, since there'd be
> > symbols missing in BeOS' libroot.
>
> No, what I was telling is to get the .so files from an existing haiku
> install and put them at the right place in the generated tree. This
> way when building an haiku image the jamfiles would detect they are up
> to date and would not even try to build the host-side ICU tools,
> avoiding the problem. It is not safe but you may manage to build an
> haiku image, at least.

When you copy over the ICU-libaries, these libraries would not be rebuilt,
right - but AFAICS they would still be used by the jamfiles to build the
locale kit host tools and/or the locale catalogs.
At that time, the ICU libraries must be loaded, which is unlikely to work, as
those libs were compiled for haiku's libroot but are being loaded on BeOS.

cheers,
        Oliver