[haiku-development] Re: Update about dedicated server

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:13:28 +0200

Hey Oliver,

2009/8/31 Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi there,
>
> the dedicated server has its first VM - the svn server - running. You can
> reach it here: http://haiku-svn.hirschkaefer.de/svn

Oliver, please contact me when you want to migrate the Berlios
repository to the new server. I have experience in this area (I did
the same for the dev.haiku-os.org installation).

> Additionally, I'd like to invite everyone interested in the ongoing system
> administration process to subscribe to the new mailing list:
>
>        haiku-sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do not think it is wise to discuss the configuration of a server on
a public (=Google crawlable) mailing list. I do not believe in
security through obscurity, but let's not risk publishing any
potential security holes on the internet.

Perhaps a private Google Group is better? Or does freelists allow a
'private' list? (Or even better, a mailing list on the server itself).