[haiku-development] Re: Trouble building @vmware-image on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 02:24:05 +0100

On 10/29/2013 02:02 AM, John Scipione wrote:
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 8:37 PM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Darwin the build host makebootable is supposed to use an attribute
instead of a resource (cf. src/tools/makebootable/platform/bios_ia32/Jamfile
and src/bin/makebootable/platform/bios_ia32/makebootable.cpp). If that
doesn't work, the platform detection might not work correctly somewhere.

Okay, that makes sense, platform detection is definitely working else
there's no way I'd have gotten this far, but, maybe attributes aren't
working on 10.9.

The makebootable code actually always tries to read the resources and only when that fails it reads the attribute, regardless of the platform for which it is compiled. So scratch that. The issue is indeed just that the exception thrown in ResourceFile::_InitFile() isn't caught in ResourceFile::SetTo() despite the matching catch statement. Why that is I do not know.

CU, Ingo