[haiku-development] Re: Tool Tip B_MOUSE_IDLE message handling needs better fix, help appreciated

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 12:48:02 -0800

On 12/17/2013 11:53, Axel Dörfler wrote:

All you need is the view's pointer - not sure if that is a problem for
your uses or not.

We were talking about mouse events, not drawing code.
And no, the app_server cannot convert to View coordinates there, as I explained earlier: it doesn't even know the target view, and a single message can have multiple target views.

Bye,
   Axel.

In other words, it IS a problem for his uses ;-)

I'm a stickler for exact distinctions, vagueness/inexactness drives me insane. Saying that the app_server /only/ deals in screen coordinates was very inaccurate, as it deals in screen, window, and view coordinates - and more may be added.

--The loon