[haiku-development] Re: Terminal escape codes

  • From: Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:55:40 -0700 (PDT)

Quoth =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_Revol?= <revol@xxxxxxx>,
> Well, as long as we declare a known TERM like xterm or xterm-color, we
> should follow whichever public temrinfo declaration it has instead of
> overriding it.

There's something to that, as long as you bear in mind that

- "xterm" termcap and terminfo entries aren't all identical, and

- they can't fully represent correct xterm cursor key behavior,
  because of the mode switches, so in this respect there's a natural
  mismatch between correct functionality and termcap.

        Donn