[haiku-development] Re: Subversion organization?

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:13:32 -0700

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 8:31 AM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Have you looked into using OSDrawer.net for hosting this?

Thanks for the tip, but I already have my Subversion server set up and
running.  I just haven't actually checked the code in yet.

I operate a couple Xen Virtual Private Servers.  Some other components
of my planned product development require that I have a whole server
of my own, and not just a shared host.  A Xen VPS allows one to own a
box in a logical way, but at the cost of a shared host.

The two hosting services I use are:

   http://prgmr.com/xen/

   http://www.budgetdedicated.com/

I recommend them both highly.  Prgmr.com offers VPSes for as little as
five bucks a month.

The reason I use two different hosting services is for better
geographical coverage - I have BitTorrent seeds on both of them.
Prgmr.com is in Silicon Valley, and BudgetDedicated is in The
Netherlands.

Best,

Mike
--