[haiku-development] Re: Subversion organization?

I'm working at getting the Word Services SDK to build on Haiku.  I'm
finding a multitude of sins - I'm a much better C++ coder than I was
in 1997. :-D

In the current sources there is a folder called Library-Public.  I was
going to change that to wsclient, then build a library called
libwsclient.so in it.  It will have most of the code one would need to
support Word Services in a client application such as a word
processor.

But in that same Library-Public folder I'm finding some other classes
that are used by my sample applications but really have no direct
connection to Word Services themselves.  For example I have a subclass
of BView called PictureView that is just a BView that displays a
single graphic.  There is another that will launch a browser and send
to it the URL you supply.

I'm still planning to update and release the source to these other
classes, but I think that logically they shouldn't be part of the Word
Services Subversion project.  I can still put them in an anonymous
Subversion repository, but I think they should be in their own
project.  The Word Services SDK'S Subversion can include it by using
an externals property.

(Subversion externals allows a directory from any Subversion
repository to be placed in a subdirectory.  That way you can have
dependencies that are in different repositories all appear within one
source tree.)

This stuff isn't anything like an application framework, but implement
functionality many applications would need in a reusable way.  Most of
the classes don't really relate to each other; some of them are
features I would have liked to have seen in the BeOS but weren't
there.

I don't know what to call this other library - libgrabbag.so comes to
mind, but I'd like a better name than that.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com