[haiku-development] Re: SMP: Is MAX_BOOT_CPUS 4 restriction intentional?

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:17:11 -0700

> Note that it is still not checked on the _real_ hardware.

I have a quad core Xeon box, with an empty socket just crying out for
four more cores.

It will have to wait until I have the cash, but I do plan to buy that
other Xeon before long.

However, I recall trying to boot Haiku on it a while back, and just
went straight into Kernel Debugging Land.  It's been a while though.

I think it would be just dandy to run Haiku on this box - Linux is
fast, but the Gnome user interface is slow, slow, slow: Gnome running
natively on all four cores is slower than Haiku inside of virtualbox
with just one core.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford