[haiku-development] S3 Virge video driver

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:45:40 -0400

Since much of the code for the S3 Virge video driver is similar to the Savage video driver, I have decided to implement a driver for the Virge & Trio 3D video chips. However, I'm having a problem enabling MMIO. It appears that ISA I/O is needed to enable the MMIO. I have looked at Syllable's Virge driver source file, and it has a "Be Sample Code" license; however, I have not been able to find the original BeOS sample code on the web. Does anyone have a copy of this code or know where I can obtain a copy? It is not in the R5 sample code, and I believe that it is probably pre-R4.

Since Syllable has different functions for ISA I/O, I want to see what functions were used to enable the MMIO under BeOS and how they were used.

Regards,
Gerald